With the growing prominence of digital photos, photo-editing software like Adobe Photoshop has grown in usage and popularity. If you have mastered Photoshop and developed strong editing and creative skills using this software, those skills can open career and freelancing possibilities for you. Mastering the visual graphics realm of Photoshop can provide you with livable income, whether you want to do it on a full time basis or as a part-time business.
Here are 5 ways you can earn through freelancing using your Adobe Photoshop skills:
1. Start a photo editing service. One possible business you can start is to offer digital picture editing and image optimization services. You basically take the client’s less than perfect digital photo and turn it into a masterpiece. As a “photo doctor,” you can remove unwanted people and objects from a photograph, insert someone or something into a photograph, repair over- or under-exposed photos, convert colored photos to black and white (and vice versa), or do something as basic as removing red eye from photos. You can also do color correction, background change, contrast adjustment, and size enlargement. The key is to offer high quality work at reasonable prices.
2. Start a photo restoration service. You can also start an image restoration service to improve the quality or repair damaged/old images, including faded, stained, torn, missing pieces, bad color, water-damaged photos. Historical societies, museums and even families with old family pictures and photographic heirlooms can use this type of service. You can correct color, remove background images, or remove other people in the image. Other services can include copying old photographs, even those that do not need to be repaired.
3. Start a graphic design business. You can market yourself as a graphic artist whose main expertise is Photoshop editing. The freelance site eLance.com , for example, has about 843 new jobs posted looking for Photoshop experts. One job posting, whose payment range is from $1,000-$5,000, comes from a wedding stationary store looking for graphic designers to create product images for their ecommerce store. Others are looking for assistance in brochure design, digital image editing, photoshop mockup of homepage of new website, removing background images, cover and page template for printed catalog, among others. You can edit images professionally and prepare them for any output.
4. Start a T-shirt design business using your Photoshopped images. Another option is to start a t-shirt design business from images you create using Photoshop. Using Photoshop, you can create cool artwork that will work very well for t-shirts and other apparel. T-shirts are one of the world’s most popular apparel products and your originality, creativity and skill in using Photoshop can allow you to create unique designs for your t-shirt business.
5. Start a greeting card business. The images you create via Photoshop can also be used to create greeting cards. You can create specialty cards with contemporary vibe; create abstract and graphical images, and cards that use special typographic design. You can sell your creations to established greeting card companies, or start your own line of greeting cards. Read the Starting a Greeting Card Business for details on how to start your own greeting card business.
For more ideas on how to earn from your Photoshop skills, read 12 Ways to Make Money with Photoshop